Thursday, May 07, 2026

Revisiting the health reading

Keeping up my promise, here is a follow-up to the health reading I did last month, after going to the doctor.

Basically, the doctor doesn't know exactly what could be causing the intense pains after my ovulation. I have always been a bit achy during that time in my cycle (especially on the side of the ovary that is releasing the egg), but the discomfort has increased a lot in the last 6 months, and is actually impacting my day-to-day life.

Anyway, based on her clinical assessment, the doctor believes it may be a case of a more severe mittelschmerz, likely provoked by hemorrhagic cysts that cause peritoneal irritation. It's not uncommon and, although painful, it's not a symptom of anything dangerous. And it can be made worse by the fact that, around my age (late 30s), hormones can swing unpredictably.

I asked the doctor if other factors, unrelated to reproductive hormones, can contribute to the issue. She said that the usual – stress, bad sleep and unhealthy habits – can heighten pain sensitivity and increase inflammation.

So how does that relate to the reading I did? Well, apparently there is no lack of hormones, which is how I interpreted the 3♠ . However, the sudden hormonal swings can be contemplated by the 8♥, which I saw as a 'disorderly communication' between the head and the body. And the K♣ points to a 'disconnection' from one's body, probably due to stress caused by excessive mental demands.

How does the 3♠ connect to all this then? Well, as I have stated previously here, this card has appeared to me before as representing a "depressed state", regardless of the area it is referring to. In the Head position, it can mean a depressive mindset, with focus on scarcity and self-victimisation that takes away one's sense of agency and potency in life.

One thing I noticed only now is that the 3♠ is holding what appears to be a bundled baby. I'm a childfree woman and quickly approaching the age where pregnancy becomes riskier, if not inadvisable. So the symptoms could be unconsciously connected to the biological clock I have been pretty much ignoring. Not because I'm sure I don't want a child, but mainly because I have not reached the financial stability needed to provide for one.

And it's interesting to see that the spread has no Diamonds – the suit connected to financial resources –, and that the card of 'poverty' is in Head position, the one ruled by Diamonds too. The 'scarcity' mindset might be affecting me in more ways than I thought.

To sum it up, I think the reading did show that the body is imbalanced by a combination of sudden hormonal shifts (8♥) and a lifestyle that is not being very considerate to it (K♣). The problem is centred on the uterus and reproductive matters, as the A♥ has suggested to me. I kinda missed the mark when interpreting the 3♠, but this review has helped me to recover another interesting thread of interpretation.

As an extra note, this month's New Moon reading has inspired me to slow down a bit and become more mindful of my body to hear what it is saying. My habits are not 100% yet, but I'm working on them. I am also using herbal medicine to rebalance my hormones and ease my abdominal inflammation. Lo and behold… this month, I did not have such horrible pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment