Friday, July 31, 2026

PCO: Checking on an estranged friend

A few days ago, I used the Lost Man Spread to help a querent who wanted to check on a friend (let's call him K.) she became estranged from as life got in the way. She has been having recurrent dreams about him, and she believes that dreams can deliver messages about people who are distant.

I'm sharing this reading with her permission (and with all details anonymised, of course).


I chose the J♠, Pampero, to stand for K because he is a young man and his sun sign is Taurus. The first thing I notice is that he is flanked by two court cards: the 10♠, Terrene, and the J♦, Dango. I believe them to represent two people whose influence are very important in K's life right now.

Terrene, being from the same suit as Pampero, seems to represent K's partner (he is a straight man). After her, we have two powerful cards: the 7♦ (Sword of Truth) and the 7♠ (Sword of Destruction). Because these two cards are 'following' Terrene, I feel like they show what she is 'bringing with her', in relation to K... In fact, she seems to be choosing between them, in a "do I dare disturb the universe?" kind of way.

Well, these two 7s together speak of a hard truth. A truth that shatters expectations or idealisations. So K. and his partner might be going through a time of difficult realisations, brought or caused by Terrene. But the closeness of their cards in the spread suggests that they remain united!

On the other side of the spread, we have another couple! The J♦, Dango, and the 10♦, Tendra. And between them, the only Hearts card in the whole spread, which is the 2♥. Since the card is between the two courts, I take it as representing what connects them – in this case, love and attachment.

I can't help but wonder... why is the friend's relationship appearing in K's reading? Because that would mean it has some relevance to K. The two Jacks have their backs to each other, which isn't very... friendly, I guess? Nothing indicates any conflict, but I feel some discomfort here. Maybe K. is comparing his own relationship with Dango's? Or perhaps Dango is too focused on his own love and not giving his and K's friendship enough attention? Obviously, these are all loose conjectures on my part.

Long story short: K. seems to be alright, but really absorbed in his relationships issues right now. His two closest cards are facing away from him, so it's possible he has been feeling alone or sort of isolated in all this, even when surrounded by people. Nevertheless, nothing really bad seems to be going on, aside from some relational hurdles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment